Preneed Pooled Trust Management
Funeral Homes have found that their efforts to build their preneed business are thwarted by their deposit yields barely keeping up with inflation. The reason is they have been limited to investing in low yielding GICs for far too long.
We don’t think that’s good enough and know that the legislation allows the preneed area to be a profitable revenue source by utilizing higher yielding investments. Through our consultations we have developed an exciting and unique service offering for Funeral Homes. Preneed Pooled Trusts by Legacy Private Trust allow for conservative, yet higher yielding investments to help make your Funeral Home more profitable.
About Preneed Pooled Trusts
Allowed under the new Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act (July 2012)
- Not limited to low GIC returns
- Will reduce your revenue losses and increase your profit from Preneed sales
- Achieve higher income yields through conservative investing and diverse holdings
- Monthly reporting available
- Deposits and frequent withdrawals by cheque or electronic bank transfer
- LPT has invested $1M in fund
- Fees are competitive with industry standards
- Must be administered by an approved trust company
Over the past few years we have been consulting extensively with the Funeral Home industry to develop this customized Preneed Pooled Trust service. At Legacy Private Trust we have over 200 combined years of professional experience administering trusts and are an approved trustee under the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act. As a trust company, we are federally licensed and regulated by the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions. We have been actively working with the industry for several years on other successful projects and are a small, independent trust company focussed primarily on highly personalized service.